THREE TRAILS RANCH – PROGRESS REPORT
August Update – 09
Four weeks ago, we purchased this isolated property which includes 17acres with five buildings and a large pond located above the Lemon Dam with US Forest access. There is a lot of work needed to bring the place up to all county codes before it can become operational as a Great Commission Discipleship Training facility. Our goal is to get this place operational within the next six months or less. It is located in one of the most isolated and beautiful parts of Colorado. (Please see
attached Vision Statement and pictures)
At this point, I am working with three engineers, an architect, three contractors, a plumber, a diesel mechanic and a bunch of volunteer college students. The students are helping with the clean-up and the staining of the main lodge.
Things that have happened so far:
- The “wall fix” for the staff house engineered by Rick Johnson has been completed and will be inspected later this week.
- The second septic tank for the staff house was installed by Roy and David Brown last Friday.
- The diesel mechanic, Steve Burch, from Empire Electric, has resurrected three vehicles which are now running including the large dump truck.
- The official drawings to fix the foundations and walkways for the 24 room hotel have been completed by Bill Birza, PE and architect Mirah. We should have the permit soon and work begun by next week.
- A new pump has been installed in the commercial well, which is now being tested for the quantity and quality of water of water to be used with a 10,000 gallon cistern to supply all five buildings.
- We are also working on the design drawings for the commercial kitchen, the Bunk House and new restrooms, the all purpose barn building with its modifications, and the staff house balconies and walkways.
- Please pray for God’s favor to be upon this place and on all the plans and workers.
- Pray for our introduction to the people who live in that area that they will see an
authentic credible Christian testimony by what we do and how we relate to them.
Sincerely in Christ,
Russ Akins, Master Plan Ministries – 970-769-7620